Monday, September 17, 2007

blogs in the workplace

Professor Howard’s presentation on blogs brought up many interesting topics. I agree with his notion that blogging will grow as a more prevalent form of communication in the near future. A blog offers insight into the mind of its author in ways that a more formal form of communication cannot. I believe that a blog’s casual nature allows the writer to feel freer to express himself, and makes the reader more comfortable with the subject matter. Reading a person’s blog, whether the tone is playful or serious, makes a connection from the reader to the author’s true ethos. I have found that, in my office, if coworkers read each others blogs, we find it much easier to communicate with each other. The postings help me to know what really pushes the buttons of my other employees and helps me engage them in lighthearted conversation. Blogs have really helped us to make interpersonal bonds beyond what we talk about at work every day.

No comments: