Monday, September 17, 2007

Out of the loop...

About 5 months ago, someone told me that if I didn't "MySpace," I was out of the loop. Well, I guess I AM out of the loop, because I had no idea that Blogs had become such a common business tool (or that MySpace was already on the way out the door). To me, "blogging" was just another online tool that people used to express their opinions about politics, current events or entertainment(music, movies, etc.), not anymore important or useful than another tool. I haven't found much personal use for them in the past. Plus, the law firm I worked for was not exactly the type to request or use feedback, so blogs were definitely not a part of my job requirement.

It was interesting not only to find out how useful blogs can be for businesses, large and small, to get feedback and communicate with customers, but also to see how many people were obviously "in the loop" with blogs, or at least new a lot more than me. I had to watch E! this weekend just to find out who Perez Hilton was! So, aside from being happy I never got involved in MySpace (since it's apparently outdated), I also now realize that I need to know about and pay attention to the blog world. As a growing outlet for companies and consumers, blogs have a new position in business that can't be ignored.

Missy Phillips

No comments: